Get the latest information on preparing for a potential disaster.
Hurricanes can shatter lives as well as damage property.
Being prepared can help you, your family, or your business minimize the impact of the storm. The best time to start is before the threat is imminent. Ready.gov explains what actions to take when you receive a hurricane watch or warning alert from the National Weather Service for your local area. It also provides tips on what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
Prepare and plan for the effects of a hurricane.
Atlas Insurance has taken precautionary steps and has contingency backup plans to serve our clients through catastrophic events. We want to assure you that we will be ready to serve you should you suffer a loss to your insured property. The following information will be helpful as you prepare and plan for the effects of a hurricane.
- Most importantly, remain safe and do not take any unnecessary risks.
- Review coverage limits and deductibles.
- Have policy number(s) available.
- Make a note of the time and date of the incident and assess damages.
- Make temporary repairs as necessary to protect your property from additional loss and keep detailed receipts.
- Take photos of any damage before any temporary repairs are undertaken and later provide them to the claims adjuster.
- Report claims as soon as safely possible using one of the methods listed below
- Obtain written estimates from only licensed and insured contractors for permanent repairs, including details of the scope and cost of the work.
- Provide the estimates to the claims adjuster.
- Do not sign any contracts or documents for any permanent repairs or begin work without first communicating with the claims adjuster. Be especially wary of “Assignment of Benefits” forms that many contractors and restoration companies use.
Atlas Insurance will be staffed and working immediately once the storm passes and the authorities have deemed it safe to return.
How can you report a claim?
We offer several convenient options for our clients to report a claim.
Report by Phone
Atlas Insurance offers a toll-free claims line 866-298-8283 and a local direct line 941-366-8424. Should you need to send it via fax, please send it to 941-552-4099 or 941-951-7557.
Feel free to report your claim online by logging into our online portal. If you wish to file directly with your insurance company, find your company here.