As Hurricane Idalia approaches, Atlas Insurance would like you to know that we are open and ready to serve you should you suffer a loss to your insured property. We activated our Storm Plan and have team members outside of the path of the storm to ensure we are open and able to serve you in your time of need.
The following information will be helpful as you prepare and plan for the effects of Hurricane Idalia:
In the meantime, the following information will be helpful as you prepare and plan:
- Most importantly, remain safe and do not take any unnecessary risks.
- Review Coverage limits and deductibles,
- Have policy number(s) available,
- Make note of the time & date of the incident and assess damages.
- Make temporary repairs as necessary to protect your property from additional loss and keep detailed receipts.
- Take photos of any damage before any temporary repairs are undertaken and later provide them to the claims adjuster.
- Report claims as soon as safely possible using one of the methods listed below,
- Obtain written estimates from only licensed and insured contractors for permanent repairs, which include details of the scope and cost of the work. Provide the estimates to the claims adjuster.
- Do not sign any contracts or documents for any permanent repairs or begin work without first communicating with the claims adjuster. Be especially wary of the “Assignment of Benefits” forms that many contractors and restoration companies use.
As we have stated Atlas Insurance is Open and with our Strom Plan Activated we plan to stay open and available throughout the storm.
Below you will find the different ways that you can reach out to us.
To report a claim
Atlas 24/7 toll-free claims line 1-866-298-8283
Atlas Insurance Local Direct 941-366-8424
Atlas Insurance Local Fax 941-552-4099 or 941-951-7557
www.atlasinsuranceagency.com under “Client Login”.
Direct to the Insurance Company:
Refer to your policy documents for claims reporting instructions via phone or online.
In person at our Sarasota location:
7120 Beneva Rd. Sarasota, FL 34238
Thank you for your trust, and please remember to be safe. Sincerely,